As a faith community, we value:
Certainly this is not all we value, but expresses some of what is important to us and helps create a tempo for our rhythm:
- simplicity over complexity: often good things keep us from the greatness of God.
- mission over production: production is only as good as it helps us live-out our mission.
- relevance over hipness: fads and trends are fleeting, but biblical redemption is timeless.
- excellence over indifference: works of distinction, not mediocrity nor extravagance.
- stewardship over prosperity: integrity and obedience trumps wealth and possessions.
- action over complacency: the Gospel impels a us to live-out the message of Christ.
- people over products: relationally motivated and people focused.
- eternal over temporal: we cannot take anything with us except relationships.
- balance over extremes: encounter God through experience, reason, tradition and Scripture.
- gospel over dogma: Transformation is through Christ, not doctrine about Christ.