Our Rhythm: a natural expression of what we are trying to become…
“You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house.” -Acts 20:20
- Home Communities: Weekly with those called to the same geographic area.
- Corporate Gatherings: Weekly to collectively learn, sing, pray and commune.
- Fraternity and Sorority: Value like-gendered fellowship and friendship.
- One on One: Intentional mentorship relationships.
“Speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.” –Ephesians 4:15
- Scripture: Observation, Interpretation, Application, Retention
- Fellowship: Walking in the light together through confession and nurturing support.
- Character: The outflow of Christ in us through the Holy Spirit.
“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” -Matthew 6:21
- Time: Choosing to proactively adjust our schedule to serve others.
- Talent: Our uniqueness, gifts, skills and abilities are ultimately from God and are purposefully being offered back in service to God.
- Resources: Giving generously and sacrificially of our resources for God’s glory.
“And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. –Matthew 24:14
- Each Other: Serving each other, making sure there are no unmet needs.
- Locally Aware: Living with our eyes wide-open to the needs of the oppressed in our surrounding neighborhoods with special attention to widows, orphans and immigrants.
- Globally focused: Consistently alert to opportunities to serve and share the Gospel of
- Jesus Christ beyond our borders, our comforts and our security.